My blog turned 3 months old in April and was awarded with 3 different awards. I love balance! I am honored and humbled. I only learned at the end of March that blog awards were a thing. To receive one myself is such a privilege, especially when they were awarded by such wonderful and respected bloggers. I am sorry it took me so long to get these posts together! Let’s start with the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. This is the first time I’ve paid an award forward. Hopefully I get this right…
I was very excited to receive this nomination from Joe Bradshaw at Iamforchange and Art inspired and created from the heart. Joe follows so many talented bloggers that I was stunned to even be noticed. Thank you, Joe, for introducing me to blogging awards and so generously nominating me.
7 Things About Me:
1. I have a paralyzing fear of mice. This is not your stereotypical, stand on the couch and scream, type of fear. This is all consuming, voice stealing, tear inducing, panic attack causing, fear. I know how ridiculous it is and still can’t control it.
2. I do not like to drive, at all. I try to never do it.
3. I planned to leave my day job last summer but was laid off before I could give them my notice. While going out on my terms would have been a mental victory, going out on theirs was a bit of a financial windfall. I’ll take it.
4. Despite not doing any creative writing whatsoever for 15 years, I decided last December to write full time instead of returning to my career. (good riddance, I say)
5. I bought my first home as a single mother of 2, 16 years ago. We still live in that house today.
6. I am an American football junkie. I never miss a Detroit Lions game. I watch the Red Zone channel from the minute it goes live until the second it goes dark every Sunday during the regular season. We take an annual trip to Vegas during the season so I can bet on games. I manage two fantasy football teams and run a fantasy football league.
7. I can read tarot cards. I own a real crystal ball. I collect magic wands.
Here are my nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Dennis Cardiff: Gotta Find a Home *This was an easy choice. If you haven’t read his blog, pick any entry. You will be inspired.
2. Jeremy Farmer: jeremytheboypoet *What a brave and incredible journey. Jeremy’s strength is inspiring.
3. Richard Ankers: RichardAnkersWrites *Richard’s talent and use of many different forms of poetry has inspired much of my own work.
4. AB: Perspectives on Life, Universe and Everything *The images alone are enough to inspire. Then he puts his words to them and they are breathtaking.
5. Payton: HealthSmartMomma *Payton is young, ambitious and beautifully navigating a very challenging and busy life. She inspires promise and hope.
(I could go on with nominations forever, but this is a very solid group of inspiring bloggers. Plus, I have a couple more awards to distribute today.)
Rules for this Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Add the Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate a list of bloggers that inspire you.
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
I understand that not everybody chooses to participate in awards. That’s cool. Just know that you are read and respected, even if you decline. Much love to all!